Buying a mattress is exciting but it definitely can be a little stressful, since it is a big investment. Especially because there are so many different mattresses that you can choose from. Knowing which type of mattress fits you the best can help you choose carefully when visiting mattress store park city.
Mattress Types And Their Lifespan
- Innerspring Mattress is medium to firm and it can last up to 5-8 years
- A hybrid mattress is medium-firm and can last up to 8-10 years
- The memory foam mattress is soft to medium-firm and can last up to 8-10 years
- The gel-infused foam mattress is soft to medium-firm and can last up to 10-12 years
- A latex mattress is medium-firm and can last up to 10-12 years
Advantages And Disadvantages
The most popular traditional mattress is the innerspring mattress, this mattress is made of layers of coils and layers of material like latex, fibers, and foam.
- Back support
- Available is a wide range of firmness
- Wears out quicker than other mattresses
- Springs can become noisy
- Can cause joint pain
The foam mattress is one of the most known and popular mattresses due to the very soft feeling when you lie on it.
- Great for side sleepers
- Helps with joint pains
- Doesn’t make noises
- Can last longer than an innerspring mattress
- Can trap body heat
- Softness can cause sinking
- Does not fit a certain type of sleepers
- More expensive
The hybrid mattress has layers of both spring and foam. The hybrid mattress is great for those who like the combination of both.
- Offers pressure point relief
- Typically quitters than an innerspring mattress
- Regulates temperature
- Works great for couples who like different types of mattresses
- Can be very expensive for good quality
- Does not absorb motion like the foam mattress
How Often Should You Replace Your Mattress?
How often should you buy a new mattress? Actually more often than you probably think. If you wake up in the morning tired, achy or you just simply can’t remember when you bought your old mattress, then it’s probably time to consider updating your mattress.
If you’re wondering how often you should be replacing your mattress, you should know that even top-quality mattresses really only can last up to 10 years and that’s if it’s the best quality. If your mattress is on the medium side of quality then you should be replacing it every 7 years and especially if you sleep on it every night. Mattresses over time can start to sag or tear and that can cause you to lose sleep or even wake up with back and neck pain.
Choosing A Mattress At The Store
When it’s time for you to upgrade your mattress you’ll need to consider what your favorite sleeping position is. Every mattress is different and sometimes some of them might not fit you. When visiting mattress store park city you’ll need to test out each type of mattress, lie on each mattress for at least ten minutes so that you can see if that mattress would be comfortable for you.