The Washington DC Auto Show is always a blast. The 2015 DC Auto Show was no disappointment. Here’s 10 of the many highlights about the Washington Auto Show of 2015; I really think you’ll enjoy reading them!
- Usually the Auto show lasts 5 days, but this year it lasted 10! Also with opening hours between 10am and 10pm some days, the two story convention center allows even more time for more residents to enjoy the latest innovations and technologies.
- The “Hands on” contest is back on this year! A Hyundai Sonata is up for grabs this year in the hands on contest. All contestants must physically maintain contact with the car at all times, apart from a 15 minute break every 3 hours. The last person to keep contact with the car wins it!
- 2015 Green car awards. This year, the Green SUV of the year award went to the stunning Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel for its excellent fuel efficiency and is approval for B20 biodiesel use. It outdid its finalists including, the Honda CR-V, Hyundai Tucson Fuel Cell, Lexus NX 300h and Mazda CX-5.
- 2015 Green car awards. This year’s luxury green car award goes to the BMW i8, with its sleek finish and exceptional performance. With a gasoline engine, the i8 can drive on battery power for 22 miles and up to 310 miles on hybrid power. Its competitors being the Audi A8 L TDI, Cadillac ELR, Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid and Tesla Model S.
- For the kids, there will be an exceptional amount of characters to keep them entertained, too! Guests include; Spongebob and Patrick, Red Bird from Angry Birds, Lego Movie Characters, Star Wars Characters and more!
- There will be a few celebrity guests, including WWE’s Randy Orton, NFL Legend Charley Taylor, NFL Legend Dave Butz, NFL Legend Mark Moseley and more!
- There are so many exotic cars to see at the Auto Show, including plenty of different models of Rolls Royce, McLaren, Bentley, Aston Martin, Lamborghini and Ferrari. Some these beauties are even used for car service in West Palm Beach. They’re definitely the show stoppers!
- New technology will be on show at the Auto Show, Including Toyota’s hydrogen powered FCV model concept, which may be offered to consumers as soon as next year! The fuel cell converts hydrogen’s energy to electricity that charges the car’s battery, all that needs to be used is clean water. They will make a huge impact and be a great long term solution to the environment.
- Ride N’ Drive is a great experience for anyone that wants to drive a different model of car, and look at the new features from the inside. There’s so many cars to choose from, like; Toyota, Mazda, Scion, Kia etc.
- With over 700 vehicles on display and in so many different makes, there will surely be so much to see! With new and improved body types, to new materials and eco-saving fuel.
I loved the show and can’t wait to go again next year. You can keep up-to-date at http://www.washingtonautoshow.com.